Thursday, April 20, 2017

Antifreeze & How PEMF Therapy Can Help Horses

By Robin Setser

Antifreeze is a common substance that's used in motor vehicles. Seeing as how it keeps engines from dying in extreme temperatures, it's understandably seen as an essential component. With that said, it's highly toxic, which is something that pet owners should be aware of. If animals consume it, the results can be disastrous. Here is what you should know about the impact of antifreeze, in addition to how PEMF therapy might lend a hand.

Antifreeze is harmful to animals, but what you may not know is that they can't help but be drawn to it. Keep in mind that it smells and tastes sweet to them, which means that consumption can occur surprisingly easily. With that said, consumption can result in a series of issues, including disorientation and a lethargic demeanor. As you might imagine, the problems only worsen if treatment isn't administered.

According to companies like Assisi Animal Health, antifreeze poisoning can persist to the point where animals start to vomit and collapse. Antifreeze seems to affect the kidneys, more than anything else, meaning that there is a chance that they can fail. Fortunately, it's possible for treatment to be administered, provided it's sought as soon as possible. The quicker that pet owners act, the better off their pets will be.

Aside from contacting your veterinarian for a reliable treatment method, you might want to know how to go about pain relief. This is where discussion about PEMF therapy for horses can prove insightful, as it's designed to alleviate discomfort. It would make sense to use it for animals that have consumed antifreeze, too. Prevention is important, so make sure that you keep this chemical in a place your pet cannot get to it. The more precautions you take, the healthier your pet will be.

Antifreeze consumption is a serious problem for pets, which is why it's important to know how to prevent and cure this issue. Not only are there ways to keep this substance away from animals, but medicine has advanced to such a degree that antifreeze poisoning isn't as big of a problem as it would have been otherwise. With that said, acting fast is crucial. Your pet's well-being will be better off as a result.

About the Author:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button